We have become increasingly concerned with reports of particularly volatile, hazardous and even toxic chemical products being used as part of the packaging system by some leather seating manufacturers.
The Natuzzi Group wishes to make clear the fact we do not, nor have we ever, used such materials or chemicals either in our manufacturing or packaging processes.
Natuzzi Group is a leader in innovation and leather and we have been committed to applying these same talents to become a recognized environmental leader.
Our production process is certified both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 (Italy production) and certified E-1, environmentally sensitive furniture manufacturing (Global production).
This attention to detail also means Natuzzi Group can offer an exceptional warranty: 10 years for the frame, 2 years for the padding, mechanisms and upholstery.
Other issues relevant to our continuous and rigorous effort towards quality and environmental consciousness:
• Leather is a by-product of the beef industry and a recycled material.
• Energy efficiency in our production process.
• Best use of materials in construction in order to save precious timber resources.
• Engineered wood (where appropriate) is renewable, natural and requires less energy to manufacture and reduces waste.
• Our Ecoflex foam is CFC-free and hypoallergenic to most people.
• We recycle the water used in our tanneries.
• We do not use hazardous toxic flame retardant chemicals such as PBDE & DMF
• We own the lumber, the tanneries and produce our own foam allowing us unmatched quality control.
These are not simply a list of rules to be followed or theories to be applied; but our actual values. We strive to be an outstanding model of environmental stewardship and community responsibility.